Rogerian argument essay should not be a shock to you, and it is simply a disputative kind of essay. The kind of dispute it raises is not a win on one side thing, but it creates a win-win chance for both parties involved. This means that when a topic is brought up, contemplation is made such that each side wins and feels understood, then a decision is drawn after their satisfaction.
Rogerian essays are so that the involved parties can view things differently from their antagonism ground. This type of article was suggested by Carl Rogers, an American psychologist when a thoughtful issue approached or brought controversy. Another thing about this kind of article is that it finds the optimal point of conflicting parties to find a resolution that suits both parties. The disadvantage that may be involved is when one party is unwilling to cooperate, or it cares to win only.
Aims of Rogerian argument essay.
- To deliver to the antagonism that they are understood.
- To define the extent to which he trusts the person who reads point to be effective.
- To show the other party that they share common ethical qualities and desires.
In brief explanation, the first objective brings the parties involved to the point of understanding each other’s perspective; this creates trust and allows the two parties to argue in contemplation with their opponent’s view. The second goal now brings us to the application of the Rogerian article whereby each side must cooperate with the antagonism so that their points of view would be respected and thus a tangible resolution is obtained. The final aim is to create a relationship between the parties involved to believe that they share common integral values. These points will enable them to reach a common decision; thus, a neutral resolution is obtained.
Apart from the Rogerian dispute’s aims, it also bears a format into which content can be presented. Below is a general structure of this type of article;
Here are some easy tips for essay writing.
Rogerian argument Outline
Your rough guide, just like any other article, must start with a hook testimonial that attracts the learner’s attention. Introduce the discussion point, designate the contextual facts about the topic, and give the opinion testimonial. Another important point to contemplate is that you need to be specific and use neutral dialectal.
Rogerian argument Thesis
This is where you show your standing ground to your learner and provide a central perspective about the subject of your article.
This is where your reasons and pieces of proof are presented objectively in support of the subject. You need to have understood the views of both parties and the pieces of proof they bear in backing the main subject. This allows you to have a suitable decision of the problem favoring both parties.
Summarize the main points you were discussing from both parties. Then after that, clearly indicate the stands of each side which will allow you to come up with a suitable resolution that is neutral.
HELPFUL TIPS WHEN WRITING A ROGERIAN ARGUMENT ESSAY.
- While choosing a topic, ensure that it is not your genuine topic to be goal-oriented.
- Carry out adequate exploration about the differing side without depending on your knowledge.
- Contemplating that this type of article requires a neutral ground ensures that you fully show the antagonism you value their position.
- Indicate the point of convergence from both ends.
- Finding a controversial topic will allow the two parties far from each other to agree.
- Avoid a bad spirit of winning alone by judging the antagonism.
- Narrow down to a common goal between the two parties using the objectives.
- Pointing out the weaknesses from both parties shows that you are interested in providing an ideal resolution.
- Finish by mentioning the paybacks of your position of dispute even though it would not resolve the problem.
HOW TO WRITE A ROGERIAN ARGUMENT
Get a topic – in most cases, a topic is provided by the tutor, but at some point, you might be required to get a topic on your own. Certify that the subject is attention-grabbing to you and the addressees.
Write the rough guide – start with a thought-grabbing testimonial that will ensure the learner is stuck to your article. Give the problem and its effects on both parties, then give background information and give as much information as possible to avoid being biased.
Describe the opposing point of view – this is where you keep up the neutral tone and keep a perfect contemplation of the opponent’s view validating it. Put in mind the entitlement, the warranty, the main motives for each perspective, and the opinions and morals of each party.
Present your perspective. Ensure that you validate your opinion as well as give supportive information.
Proofread your work to ensure that it is well written.
If you are struggling with starting a Rogerian essay, you must seek help from an expert writer. Some of the recommendable online writer experts can be obtained from this website. They will guide you and help you get started with that essay.
EXAMPLES OF ROGERIAN ESSAY TOPICS FOR COLLEGE.
- Smoking in public should not be banned.
- Marijuana should be legalized
- Marijuana should be banned.
- Everyone should be allowed to own a gun
- Guns should only be owned by licensed personnel.
- Parents should choose careers for their kids.
- Same-sex marriage should be legalized everywhere.
- Drugs should not be tested on animals.
- It is okay to test drugs on rats.
- The age limit for alcohol consumption should be lowered to 16 years
- The age limit for alcohol should not be lowered to 16 years.
- Every university must include online classes as an option for normal attendance.
- The death penalty should be banned
- The death penalty should not be banned.
- Assignment should be banned
- Assignment should not be banned.
ROGERIAN ARGUMENT EXAMPLE ESSAY.
Assignments should not be banned.
Having assignments as part of the school curriculum is hectic but very helpful at times. In a nutshell, homework is essential in studying further and stretching your mind even after classwork. It helps you to stay focused on books at home and school.
Assignments appear to be unhelpful and should be banned. This is because students have covered the classwork during the day, and it is important to allow their minds to relax and do their outdoor activities rather than the assignments.
In conclusion, we can say that both ideas are valid and important. Banning assignments will give students personal development such as sports, music, etc. But, it is also important because it prepares one for the tougher task, and therefore there will be no struggle during the exam.